The iPhone 4 features one of the best micro-camera modules on the smartphone market.
Specifically, the backside-illuminated layout is very good at capturing in low-light conditions.
Here's the list of specifications I found or deduced:
- Vendors: LG Innotek (Packaging), Omnivision (Sensor), Philips (LED)
- Assembly: Gumi, Korea
- Physical dimensions: 9.2 x 9.2 x 6.2mm
- Sensor model: Omnivision OV5650
- Pixel size: 1.75 x 1.75µm
- Sensor size: 4.592 x 3.423mm (effective), 6.5 x 6mm (chip)
- Signal-to-Noise-Ratio: 37dB
- Dynamic range: 69dB max.
- LED: Luxeon Flash 6 (color temperature 5500K, light density 230lm)
- Aperture: f/2.8 fixed (f/22 equivalent on a 35mm camera)
- Focal length: 3.85mm (30.2mm equivalent on a 35mm camera; 28mm is exaggerated)
- Crop factor: 7.84
- Resolution: 2592 x 1944 (photo), 1280 x 720 (video)
- Sensitivity: ISO 80-1000, maximal sensitivity of 1.3V per lux*s
- Exposure time: 1/15 - 1/10000s (rolling shutter)
- Power requirements: 150mA (camera), 1000mA (flash)